The Joe McAdams Benevolence Fund is an employee founded committee in honor of a past member of the HELPcard family. The committee was formed and continues the tradition of providing support in numerous methods to fellow employees as well as reaching out into the community to offer support where it can. The committee is funded by the generosity of the employees through various monthly activities; some of these activities include things such as: bake sales, lunch fundraisers, raffles, and one of the favorite is getting the opportunity to throw a pie into the face of some lucky Vice Presidents at the annual company picnic. The events may vary, but the fun and comradery is hardly lacking!
Although we have much fun hosting and participating in all the fundraising efforts, the true gift is when we are able to pay it forward in hopes of easing whatever burden may have befallen a fellow ‘family’ member. A few of the ways we have helped out so far this year:
- Distributed 30 backpacks of school supplies for HELPcard children
- Helped employees with medical expenses for them and/or a loved one
- Aided with funeral expenses for an employee’s child
- Assisted with rent, groceries, and other living expenses
- Hosted food drive for Samaritan Community Center – raised 1,000 lbs. of food
- Volunteered with CASA to help with their fundraising efforts
- Played baseball with the Miracle League of Northwest Arkansas
- Coordinated the HELPcard Angel Tree to relieve some Christmas expense
The Benevolence Committee strives to continue the traditions on which it was founded and be an available resource to its’ HELPcard family. We approach every request with respect, dignity, and above all discretion. Every family needs help at times and the bonds of family reach beyond that of blood; it encompasses friends, coworkers, neighbors, and even strangers on the street. We play a small role in supporting any branch of our family, immediate or extended, to the best of our ability.